Angela Theresa Fazio
Get In Touch
1) Bachelors of Marketing-UMASS, graduated in spring of 2008.
2) Educational Dental assistant program certification-Lincoln Technical Institute
I have good communication, customer service and organizational skills. I also have 10 years experience as a corporate sales executive.
10 Derry Rd.
Methuen, MA 01844
University of Massachusetts. Lowell, MA 2003-2008
B.A. of Marketing G.P.A.: 3.4
Lincoln Technical Institute. Lowell, MA 2013-2014
Certificate of Dental Assisting G.P.A: 3.9
Radiation Safety & Infection Control Certified- Dental Assisting National Boards
Basic Life Support Certification- First Aid, CPR & AED for health professionals-American Red Cross
Certificate of Dental Assisting-Lincoln Technical Institute
Massachusetts Dental Assistant License (Board of Registration, Dentistry)
Stynt.Boston, MA. 5/2017-Current
◦ Assists dentist(s) with all patient procedures, having adequate experience using four-handed dentistry in general, endodontal, periodontal and prosthodontal dentistry practice settings.
◦ Uses proper infection control measures & standards for patient treatment rooms set-up & break-down, proper separation & sterilization of dental hand instruments, routine maintenance of dental instruments washers and general office area(s) cleanliness. Responsible for performing of periodic spore-testing & internal office recording of recent test dates & outcome readings.
◦ Laboratory capabilities & duties include: fabrication of temporary crowns, sports/mouth guards & custom tooth-whitening trays; stone-filling & necessary editing of dental models; organization of all incoming & outgoing patient lab cases. Handles proper disposal of biohazardous waste and amalgam deposits.
◦ Performs patient x-ray image capture (bite-wings, peri-apical, full-mouth series, cephalometric & panoramic). Experience with both standard & digital x-ray equipment. Handles routine maintenance of film development box, processing of film developments, mounting of images into frame and reading of x-rays necessary for dental charting & basic diagnostical purposes. Uses intra-oral camera for capturing any additional image records.
Valley Dental. Methuen, MA 8/2016-4/2017
◦ Assisted dentist with all patient procedures, such as: amalgam & composite cavity fillings, temporary crown fabrication/placement & permanent crown delivery, root canals, simple extractions and etc.
◦ Performed laboratory duties, such as: fabrication of mouth guards & teeth whitening trays, filling & trimming of models, as well as organization of all incoming/outgoing lab cases.
◦ Maintained proper infection control standards in routine procedure room set-up, sterilization of instruments, etc.
◦ Performed taking of radiographs: panoramic, full-mouth and peri-apical x-rays; properly developed said x-ray films.
◦ Performed any/all typical dental assistant duties, such as: routine replacing of amalgam traps, spore strip testing, mailing of strips for verification of sterilization device capabilities & proper recording of such information, changing of radiograph machine developer chemicals, general office cleaning/stocking of needed materials in procedure rooms and etc.
EZ Dental. North Andover, MA 7/2014-7/2016
Lead Dental Assistant
◦ Assisted general dentist with all patient procedures, such as: composite fillings, temporary crown preparation & placement and permanent crown delivery; root canals, frenectomies, simple extractions and etc.
◦ Assisted periodontist with all oral surgeries, such as: osseous, free gingival/connective tissue grafts, pocket reduction, simple/complex extractions and implant placement, including aid of bone regeneration when necessary.
◦ Performed following techniques on patients: sealant placement, fluoride application, coronal polishing, suture removal, taking of mouth impressions and x-rays (sufficient experience with panoramic, bite-wing, peri-apical, full-mouth series and CBCT x-rays), etc.
◦Solely was responsible for ordering of all materials needed throughout office, as well as maintaining sufficient inventory necessary for all procedures and overall office upkeep.
◦Additionally, I would do small front-desk tasks such as calling patients with appointment reminders, give any necessary treatment consent forms to patient for signature, make patient appointments, and preparing any needed referrals to specialist.
Shortly after completing the dental assistant certification educational program, I did a 2 week missionary focused on dentistry in the country of Belize.